Chat with a Pre-Transfer Advisor
Our online chat service makes it easier for you to connect with a Pre-Transfer Advisor if you have a quick question about transferring to the University of Maryland. Dates and times available for chatting with a Pre-Transfer Advisor can be found on the calendar at the bottom of the Pre-Transfer Advising website.
Chat is designed for short, simple questions and to start communication with a Pre-Transfer Advisor. All prospective transfer students are welcome to access chat hours, but do know that students at certain Maryland community colleges also have access to embedded Pre-Transfer Advisors and may wish to contact their community college’s advisor directly. Please also note:
- At times, chat may be quite busy with an advisor replying to multiple students at once. Your patience is appreciated.
To Begin a Chat Session
- In the bottom right-hand corner click on "We are Here/Chat with a Pre-Transfer Advisor." If you do not see this message, it is outside of our chat hours.
- Enter your name, email address, and then click "Start the Chat."
To End Your Chat Session
- Click the "X" in the upper right hand corner of the chat window.
- Confirm by clicking "Close the Chat."